Just the other day, I was watching a video and listening to a doctor say that toxic overload was the biggest single factor behind autoimmune disease.
You could well say the same for Parkinson’s symptoms. I, like virtually everyone else, was oblivious to my high exposure to toxins, their build up in my body and their damaging impact upon my health. Throw in my genetic inability to process and expel toxins from my body and you have the makings of a perfect storm.
Toxins impair methylation and bind to neurotransmitters and nerve cells. We are exposed to toxins like never before.
For example, the average woman, by the time she has got up washed, showered, dressed, done her hair has used 12 different products which means she’s likely been exposed to 120 different chemicals – before breakfast! Typically, women add more than 200 chemicals to their skin daily, and more than 60% of these chemicals get absorbed directly into the bloodstream
Toothpaste is a particular adversary as it’s a concoction of chemicals and the mouth is a highly efficient way of absorbing chemicals into the blood stream.
Processed food is a problem too because of the many chemicals used as ingredients and during production. Fruit and vegetables are problematic, too, because of the heavy use of pesticides. Pesticides are neuro-toxins, and have an affinity for nerve tissue.
The list of toxins we’re exposed to nowadays is almost endless.
Worrying facts about toothpaste ingredients
Many of the ingredients in toothpastes are potential health concerns and some have proven to be downright toxic. Some of the biggest offending toothpastes include the following harmful ingredients:
- Fluoride: a by-product of the fertilizer industry
- Saccharin and other artificial sweeteners: People don’t realize how harmful it can be to their health
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): used in many known products as a foaming agent and as with most detergents SLS is known to be harmful to the skin, eyes, brain, liver and lungs. SLS is also widely used in garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers and car wash soaps
- Aluminium: when combined with fluoride, aluminium is absorbed into the body at an alarming rate, and aluminium is a metal that research shows is found in the brains of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s people
- Silica or Zirconium: an abrasive mineral
Other personal care products
Similar harmful ingredients are to be found in most personal care products eg deodorant, shampoo, shower gel etc
ElectroMagnetic Field Radiation
We are exposed to artificially created electrical, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields which surround us invisibly everywhere.
- WiFi routers
- Cordless phones
- Mobile phones
- Laptops & Tablets
- Radios & Televisions
- Satellite receivers
- Baby monitors
- Radio aerials
- Mobile phone antennas
We are surrounded by these invisible forces and no-one knows what impact they may be having upon our brains and bodies.
One scientist said, “Irradiation of the brain from mobile phones is the greatest experiment of humanity. We are drowning in a sea of radiation.”
Just how toxin exposures can be dealt with is answered in Parkinson’s Recovery.